Portrait sessions happen in my Highland Park Studio a suburb just 40 miles north of Chicago. I have a full studio with lights, backgrounds and unique props and I also have a beautifully landscaped yard if you are interested in both types of looks. I have favorite places that I have found over the years that are a beautiful backdrop for your session. This includes beaches, forest preserves, parks and “urban” areas. Many places may require a permit and we can discuss this when you decide where you want to shoot,
This session is meant to be fun and relaxing which is the exact opposite you will feel when you pull up to the session. I am very calm, patient and know how to have a good time with adults and kids. I have been photographing for 25 years so I have certain secrets I pull out when I need to. Many people want the formal look and I will make sure everyone is posed and that the perfect backdrop, props and lighting reflect a more classic portrait. Others preferr a more relaxed and laid back experience. Portraits always start with a foundation of posing that flows from a bit more formal to casual and relaxed to all out silly.
After the session
About 2 weeks after your session you will be invited back to to the Highland park studio where you will see a slideshow of your images and marvel at how beautiful you and your family looks Any decision makers should be at this appointment. This is where you will choose the images that you love and decide what you would like to do with them. I sell a la carte, gorgeous folio boxes and albums as well as wall art that is handcrafted from the finest craftsmen in the industry. You will get a digital file of any print you purchase so you can make reproductions.
- Session fee is due at time of scheduling the portrait session
- Failure to show up for the session results in the forfeiture of your session fee
- Please no cameras or cell phone pictures allowed while the session is taking place. Please respect the work of the photographer.
- In case of rain or bad weather the studio reserves the right to postpone the session and reschedule as soon as possible- or be offered a studio session.
- Sessions can be rescheduled by the clients once, otherwise the session fee will be forfeited.
- Due to the custom nature of portraits, all orders are paid in full at the ordering appointment and all orders are final.
- Prices are subject to change without notice but current pricing at the time of booking s honored for one month after the session occurs.
- If a family member or colleague is sick please contact Julie to reschedule asap.
- Family sessions cover the immediate family. There will be an extra fee for additional family members.
- To make room for new clients, unordered images will be purged from the computers immediately following your order appointment
- Julie Kaplan Photography owns all the copyrighted images.